Monday, June 16, 2008

Snapshot reviews

-Saw recently and turned out to be a very sweet movie from a potentially naughty premise: Lars and the Real Girl
-Take Before Sunset, add more sarcasm, remove most of the wistfulness, throw in some Woody-Allen-esque moments and you get something like: Two Days in Paris
-Earworm through most of my Sunday: "Underneath" from Alanis Morrissette's new album, Flavors of Entanglement
-Strange moment from the Tonys broadcast: Stephen Sondheim's wry, I'm-not-dead-yet acceptance speech of the lifetime achievement award as read by a grizzly-bearded Mandy Patinkin.
-Currently reading and glad I broke down and bought the hardcover: Our Story Begins: New and Selected Stories by Tobias Wolff, the author whom David Sedaris once said keeps him going.

1 comment:

Featured Work 1988-present said...

Hey Jeremy

Nice touch on the blog.
My name is Laura Vecsey. I am a content director for Examiner.com.
We are launching a local site in NY soon and are looking for local experts to contribute and become "Examiners," people who can share their passion and knowledge to the larger NY community and beyond.
Anyway, your blog is good and, I wonder if you might be interested in posting on Examiner.com/newyork when we launch later this summer?
If you look at the site, or www.examiner.com/seattle, you can see what it means to be an Examiner.
Anyway, I couldn't find your email address, and hate to go on & on in this forum.
If you're interested, let me know:
lvecsey@yahoo.com
THANKS
Laura Vecsey