Sunday, June 17, 2007

Really amazing restaurant

Before I forget and the week gets away from me, a quick pick for a special dinner out. Just around the corner from the occasionally delightful tackiness of West 4th Street in the Village is Perilla. On Jones Street. Not to be confused with Great Jones Street, we learned.

I'll admit that I was a bit hesitant when I heard the resto's claim to fame is that its chef won the first season of Bravo's "Top Chef." But I have to say Harold Dieterle deserves whatever recognition he's gotten or will get. An almost divine dining experience. Mouthfuls of joy. Decor and space could be a smidge better, but that really doesn't matter when you're eating such wonderfully prepared foods. The lamb was some of the best I've ever tasted: no joke. Oh, and one of their signature cocktails: the 9 Jones? Officially on my top five list of best drinks ever tasted. Is there anything ginger doesn't make better?

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Wow. Glad to read that chef is doing well. He needs to work on his website though.

I love watching Top Chef. I couldn't tell you whether or not it's a great show because I have a bias for competitive cook shows.

He did really well. And he's really cool.