Thursday, December 07, 2006

What's the Big Le-deal-ski?

You can now officially put me in the category of people who don't absolutely adore The Big Lebowski. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood or with the right people to watch it. I can imagine I might've laughed a few more times -- and I did laugh a few times -- if I'd been in a room with a more appreciative audience. Maybe I'm missing the point or something, but it just wasn't all that funny and the story didn't totally come together for me. I wanted to like it. I mean, I love other Coen Brothers flicks like O Brother and Hudsucker. Perhaps there's a tao of the Lebow' and I'm just not clued in. (Feel free to try to convince me of its greatness.)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I completely agree with you! I even put it in my netflix cue to give it a second try (I saw it ages ago). And even on second viewing, I'm missing the extreme hilarity and brilliance that everyone else sees.

I'm also like that with Napoleon Dynamite. I don't see what makes it funny.