Monday, October 23, 2006

Building some mystery

Sarah McLachlan -- whom I'll probably always associate with my high school years, but can still appreciate to a slightly lesser degree now -- has a new album out, her first in what seems like way too long. And it's called Wintersong. Now as much as I love Christmas, I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that it's not more of her own stuff or the kind that you can listen to year-round. (Some people can listen to holiday music all the time; I just can't.) And while I'll probably buy a copy or more likely download it off you-know-where at some point, I just can't bring myself to hit the button this many shopping days before Christmas. It's not even Halloween yet! Why does the holiday marketing season have to keep getting longer and longer?

No comments: