Saturday, June 10, 2006

Magic, art, music

I had only one thing planned last night right after work. But it ended up becoming a whole evening of fun after I ran into some college friends on my way to a Curbed meeting at that popular Lower East Side neighborhood bar, the Magician ("The d├ęcor is roughly L.A. noir") on Rivington St., where drinks were $3 or $3.50 during happy hour. Before I knew it, five of us were off in a cab to a silent art auction in a former industrial space down by the river on Kent Ave. in Williamsburg, where A. Harvey and N. Kalina were among the artists selling their work. Later, it was back to the L.E.S. to see the indie powerpop group The Spinto Band play at Bowery Ballroom, only my second time at the venue ever. Amazing show, lots of energy and good tunes, had me up and energized the whole time. Both at the rock show and the art show I ran into random people from my past whom I hadn't seen in a long time, one that I've occasionally wondered about, and another whom I've been trying to contact here in the city for a while. Home around 2, working on the beginnings of a project I'd like to attempt to connect certain alums and people in the media industry. Look for an e-mail eventually from me if you're part of said group. Recent photos posted up at Flickr.

No comments: