Sunday, May 21, 2006

Highlights from the Book Review

I usually skim the NYT Book Review, but today, sitting in Central Park with the Sunday paper stacked beside me, I found myself poring over several good reviews and articles, and of course the stack of books-to-read piled higher in my head.
Best Work of American Fiction of the Last 25 Years?
A.O. Scott's excellent essay on "In Search of the Best"
Peter Carey's Theft: A Love Story
A very funny review of Douglas Coupland's jPod that had me laughing out loud; actual headline, which riffs on the form of this novel itself: 'Insert: headline/jpod-coupland.rvw'
Lucy Kellaway's 'e-pistolary' novel Who Moved My BlackBerry?
¶ Also, a promising review of The Collected Stories of Amy Hempel, which didn't seem to make it online for whatever reason.

No comments: