Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Trivia report

Our massive team ended just out of the money tonight. Our team name was "Apple Moses-tini" (think Gwyneth), which we thought was pretty funny, except that there was another team that had a name that was actually a run-on sentence in the voice of a kid, so that one got the big laughs. Two of the five rounds were such niche categories of knowledge that it wasn't as fun as usual. The "general knowledge" round was all about the Archie Comics, which we learned has been around for nearly 65 years! I had a grade school friend who used to read them religiously, but I never got into them except during sleepovers at his house, and that was more than 12 years ago! The visual round, meanwhile, was devoted to the Little Rascals. I think I once saw the end of the '94 movie while I was flipping through the channels, and that's about the extent of my knowledge. Only somewhat balancing things out was the audio round, which featured Beatles covers. Still, we didn't get all 10. Among those to perform Beatles songs over the years: John Denver, En Vogue and the Beastie Boys.

No comments: