Monday, January 30, 2006

Cookie culture

Being a New Yorker now, I figured it was about time I tried Mallomars. For whatever reason (perhaps their scarcity in the rest of the country?) I don't recall ever eating them as a kid. I think I might've come across the name at some point or another, but never had I tried them before this week, when there appeared before me a display of the cookies in my local Key Food, and I had to buy a box. I can't say they are suddenly my all-time favorites or anything, but they're certainly up there. They're sort of like s'mores, with graham cracker, marshmallow and chocolate, but the chocolate is of the dark variety, not milk chocolate, and the marshmallow isn't toasted. So they have their own unique taste, but they're also reminiscent of Moon Pies.

No comments: