Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Know your cormorants

Our team came in second place last night at Trivia, thanks in part to Daryl's mad ornithological skills.

Then some of us headed uptown to crash a primary election night party. It was fun to slip in among all the supporters and media milling about, chatting, watching the big TV screens. It would've been even better if there had been an open bar, but oh, well. After a while, I felt a little bit out of place, because I was working at the last election night shindig I visited. This time, I wasn't on the job at all, so I felt unsure of what to do, how to act. I'm proud to vote in every election that I can, but it's rare that I'm ever around campaigners without my own separate task at hand.

This morning, it's off to the doctor's -- yet again -- before work. It's not a place I like to be dropping by so often.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Thanks for coming out! You know you enjoyed the bearhug you got from the huge guy in the turban.