Monday, February 14, 2005

Something slightly new in the subway


On the subway tonight, there was a man who could either be described as a passive preacher or a religious found-art creator. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but he was certainly unique compared to the usual guys struggling for your attention and/or money. He was sitting in the end-seat of the car, holding up small posters with tabloid-headline cutouts pasted across them along with his own writings. All of them had vaguely religious/Christian themes. He had a whole stack of them, which he'd shuffle every once in a while, to show us a new mix of words. None of it was extremely coherent, but it was all tangentially biblical. I kept my iPod on most of the time, so I didn't really hear if he offered any vocalizations to match his art/message, but I did hear him say, "There's nothing new under the sun," at one point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The new blog looks great!
- Daryl